Tuesday 15 February 2011

The Fabulous Fifties...


Over the last week i have began to look more at geometric shapes, experimenting with spirographs and stencil shapes...this lead my contextual research down the route of designers such as Lucienne Day.

I really like the simplistic designs of the 50's patterns and the range of colour ways. Sandersons have a range of exciting, 50's inspired wallpaper and fabric. each design is bursting with colour and really make an impact in the home.

These type of designs are something i have felt really inspired by and would like to incorporate in my work. i think my imagery would work well with this concept, combining quite static imagery with more ornate, antiques pieces to give a personal twist and a fresh take on the iconic designs.

http://www.sanderson-uk.com/50s-wallpaper.aspx

1 comment:

  1. I saw their designs a couple of weeks ago... I love the remake of the Lucian Day print. I am very tempted to get the red and mustard colour way make some curtains (this is where i am glad of my trade discount!) but i am worried it will go the same way as dandilion clocks and be everywhere... even on the walls of flats in Hollyoaks or on the walls of the Dingels in Emerdale!

    ReplyDelete