Monday 7 February 2011

China Plates...


Ok so i had a tutorial today, main feedback was to keep drawing!!! DRAW DRAW DRAW! 

Alongside the odd cat, deer and rabbit already chillin' out in my sketchbook i think i'm going to stick to quite "circular" shaped objects....i seem to be fascinated with doilies and spirographs at the moment, (all the laser cutting gets me excited) so circular imagery may help when i attempt to create my own doily motifs!

These are my version of some china plates, i used some doilies as a stencil to create the blue china pattern then added a few 
squiggles of my own....






Tomorrow I'm on the hunt for some more fascinating objects to draw, Charity Shops beware...i'm coming to get you!




FYI....the beautifully tacky dog is mine! :)

2 comments:

  1. I love vintage china plates. Have you been to the car boot fair at Colwick park, in the race-course on Sunday morning. We aquired a hudge bundle for free just before Christmas, it was at the end of a very cold day and the guy whos stall it was said, i cant be bothered to pack it all away, help yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh no i haven't, thanks, that sounds brill. Il have to have a trip....hopefully i'l be finding some today, scouring the vintage shops of Nottingham!

    Thanks again :)

    ReplyDelete